Friday, September 16, 2011

Nicol and Associates | Behind the Scenes

Last week I outlined what I do in front of each client or new prospective client. This week I’d like address all that other stuff I do on a regular basis. As promised, this week I’d like address all that other stuff I do on a regular basis. This is in the hopes of giving you a better understanding as to how I get my information, strategies and recommendations. It may be simpler if I just put it in an easy to follow list.

These are my regular activities, in no particular order.

> Meet with each client in person every six months

> Respond to every client email, phone and in-person correspondence promptly

> Research and stay up-to-date on all global and domestic market issues

> Read my company’s analysts’ daily reports for all stocks my clients currently own

> Through daily analysis, earmark client portfolios that need updating

> Outline stocks that may be right for my clients

> Respond to client inquiries about market information

> Discuss any client inquires about changes they request or issues they need clarified

> Make any trades clients wish to be done

> Conduct an in-depth phone conversation with each client every six months

> Re-balance any accounts that are up due.

> Read, digest and analyze local, national and global business news publications and websites

> Meet with mutual fund company representatives for updates on funds and programs

> Review each client portfolio to ensure we are on plan.

> Meet with executives from companies to investigate if they are worthy of recommendations

> Continue my financial and investment industry education through conferences, courses, books

> Complete a minimum of 30 credits each year from the Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada.

And I am never too busy to meet with you and talk about how I can improve your financial future. Coffee’s on me!

Patrick C. Nicol
image credit: singlemomfinance
All content on this website is solely the opinion of Patrick C. Nicol. For more information, please contact him personally.